To instruct & to ensure the care to be taken related to Environment, OHSMS by canteen contractor and other agencies.
This work instruction is applicable to canteen contractor and other agency who looks after all canteen activities like getting hygienic good food from outside, serving, cleaning of utensils & canteen area for the employees of the company, in all shifts.
HOD Admin is responsible for ensuring that the canteen contractor & other agency will follow this work instruction.
A) BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
Contractor and agent ensures the following
- Employees are medically examined.
- Maintain strict timing.
- Maintain neat and clean, pantry/store, dining hall.
- Canteen waste like waste food, tea powder, etc. to be transported to piggery on a daily basis.
- All utensils are cleaned thoroughly.
- The plastic used should be disposed of properly or avoid the use of plastic.
B) SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
- Provide Hygienic Food / Coffee / Tea.
- Provide good water for drinking – water purifier should be always in operating condition. The water cooler is to be cleaned periodically at a defined frequency.
- Ensure periodical Medical check-up for canteen employees.
- Wash/clean properly, all grains / rice / vegetables before preparation of food / snacks etc.
- HOD Admin conducts the monthly audit at the cooking facility for hygiene & cleanliness.
- Keep inside and outside area of the canteen neat and clean, should be free from cobwebs, etc.
- Spray pesticides regularly.
C) REQUIRED FACILITY:
Ensure the following facilities are available
- Water, Electricity
- Sanitary assistance
- Pesticides spray/control
D) OPERATING INSTRUCTION:
- To provide always hygienic food, timely supply, and good housekeeping, ensure the following at contractor’s cooking facility:
- Procure always branded materials
- Check the quality of material brought in once in a month.
- Ensure cleanliness of the material before use.
- Store the material properly in a closed container
- Wash the vegetable/rice/ grain before cooking.
- Cook the item hygienic condition.
- Always use the filtered water for cooking/drinking.
- Clean the utensils properly with branded cleaning material before use.
- Use a clean and dry cloth to wipe plates for serving food.
- Display boards like “Save water”, “Don’t waste water”. ,” Water is life! Save water, save a life!” “Save water secure the future! “Conserve water, our life’s on the brink!” “Save water it will save you later!” “Wastewater today – Live in desert tomorrow” ”Do not waste food” “Use Dust bin” “Cleanliness is next to Godliness” etc should be displayed at
- The canteen and the kitchen are to clean every day with proper disinfectants and fly proof nets are to be provided in the doors and windows.
- In case of washing of canteen floors sign such as “Wet flooring ” should be used
- The drinking water is to be treated before use.
E) HANDLING OF WASTE:
- Remove all type of canteen waste except plastic bag properly and put it in the closed container kept for the purpose and hand over to piggery. Plastic bags after segregation are to be put in the scrap area.
- Don’t discharge any waste to drainage.
- Provide wire mesh to the washing area/wash basin to avoid waste entry.
- Clean all utensils in the designated area so that washing water does not go in the stormwater drain.
- Ensure that wastewater from the canteen is discharge to STP which after treatment is used as water for gardening.
- Ensure that the drainage is not blocked or damaged and should be cleaned periodically.
- Ensure that the wastewater from canteen does not spill from drainage or is not stagnated
F) Maintenance of LPG Cylinder
- Use gas cylinder economically.
- Replace the rubber hose of the gas cylinders periodically.
- Clean burners regularly and ensure regulators are working smoothly.
- Do not store any inflammable materials in the cooking area.
- Check for leakages LPG pipelines regularly.
- Ensure the availability of fire extinguishers.
5. OPERATIONAL CONTROL PLAN :
The parameter to be monitored
Freq. Of Monitoring
Method of monitoring
Medical checkup of canteen Employee
All Employees medically fit.
Once in year
Audit at canteen contractor
Medical record by canteen contractor
Cleanliness of food & utensils
Clean & hygienic food & utensils
Once in Six Months
Audit at canteen contractor
Disposal of canteen waste
|Proper disposal of waste.||Daily||
Subscribe to get access
Read more of this content when you subscribe today.