1.PURPOSE: To provide the guideline for Use of Oil
2. SCOPE: This is applicable for Production and Maintenance
3. RESPONSIBILITY: HOD Production/Maintenace is responsible for the implementation of this OCP
- Usage of Oil (furnace oil, Quenching oil) to be monitored, keep records for the same
- Ensure there is no spillage of oil during the top up.
- Ensure there is no spillage during transportation of oil from the main tank to service tank
- Ensure there is no damage, leakage of the pipeline from service tank to furnace
- Ensure that there is no leakage from burners
- In case of any leakages found, take appropriate corrective actions
- Ensure there is no spillage of oil during top up
- Ensure there is no damage, leakage from barrels.
- Ensure that filtration equipment should be in good condition during filtration.
- While tank cleaning, ensure that there is no spillage
5. CHECKING, CORRECTIVE AND PREVENTIVE ACTION:
In charge, Production shall ensure implementation of the above procedure. In case of any deviation, initiate corrective and preventive action.