To aware & know handling and disposal methods of hazardous waste.
This work instruction is applicable to hazardous wastes generated at all process, activities, and services at KFL
HOD will ensure that contractors and scrap vendors practice these work instructions.
- Hazardous wastes generated from different operations are stored identified bins at the waste generation points.
- The hazardous waste collected at various points as described above is shifted to scrap yard / identified place manually.
- Ensure that there is no spillage of scrap/waste during collecting and shifting of scrap/waste to the scrap yard.
- The hazardous waste/scrap generated at various points, method of storage, handling and disposal along with personnel responsible are as detailed below:
|1.||Empty barrels of OIL, grease, Paint, Chemicals used etc.||Stored in the scrap yard||Manual||Disposed to the authorized scrap vendor||HOD PUR|
|2.||Oil socked sawdust, oil socked cotton waste, oil socked metal scales||Stored in the scrap yard||Manual||Disposed to the authorized vendor||HOD PUR|
|3.||Metal waste, broken m/c parts, used & broken wheels etc.||Stored in the scrap yard||Manually by using hand gloves||Disposed to the scrap vendor||HOD PUR|
|4.||Waste oil mixed with water||Stored in barrels||Manually, forklift use while transporting||Disposed to the authorized vendor||HOD MAINT/ HOD PUR|
|5.||Waste oil (hydraulic and lubrication oil||Stored in barrels||Manually using rubber gloves||Disposed to the authorized vendor||HOD MAINT/ HOD PUR|
|6.||Scraped Batteries||Stored in the Maint.Store||Manual||Disposed to the authorized scrap vendor||HOD MNT|
|7.||E-waste||Stored in the scrap yard||Manually by using hand gloves||Disposed to the scrap vendor||HOD PUR|
|8.||STP Sludge||Stored in pits||Manually with hand gloves||In-house disposal for gardening activity||HOD/ HRD|
|9.||ETP sludge||Closed concrete pit||Manually by using hand gloves & plastic bins||To be Disposed of to the authorized vendor||HOD/HRDProspecting department|
- Concerned department in charges will ensure on a daily basis there is no mix up of scrap/waste during collection & storage. In case of such mix-up, he will arrange for segregation. He also should ensure that while handling any type of scrap there should not be any spillover on the ground.
- The Collected Hazardous waste will be disposed of in Eco-friendly manner with Maharashtra Enviro Power Ltd and all the requisites will be followed as per Hazardous Waste (Management & Handling) Rules 2008, while disposing of the Hazardous Waste Material.
- Ensure the availability of fire extinguishers near the storage of Hazardous waste.
|Sr. No||The parameter to be Monitored||Spec.||Freq.of Monitoring||Method of monitoring||Resp.||Record|
|1||Disposition Empty drums||Disposal to the authorized dealer||Monthly||Record of Qty. shifted to scrap yard||HOD STR||Record sheet|
|2||Disposal of –
a) Waste oil.
b) Scraped Batteries
|Disposal to the authorized dealer||Each disposal||Record of Qty. being disposed of.||HOD STR||Record of Qty. disposed.|
|3||Disposal of ETP sludge||Disposal to MEPL/ authorized dealer||Each disposal||Record of sludge generation||HOD HR||Record of Qty. disposed|
6.0 RECORD REF.: Report / Invoice on waste/scrap sold