This procedure describes the preparedness and response procedures for potential accidents and emergency situations giving rise to significant environmental impacts.
This procedure applies to all the processes of XXX for which potential accidents and emergency situations may arise. The procedures for preventing and mitigating the following emergency situations are described:
- Fires, explosions;
- Rainstorms, typhoon or other unexpected weather conditions;
- Major Chemical Spillage or leakage;
- Accidental wastewater discharge as a result of equipment failure
3.1 Environmental Management Representative
The EMR shall review the suitability and effectiveness of the emergency procedures after each accident or emergency situation.
3.2 Function / Departmental Manager
The Function / Departmental Manager shall prepare an Emergency Response Plan to minimize the likelihood of accidents and emergency situations. The Function / Departmental Manager shall ensure that all staff and contractors who work on site are aware of and familiar with the requirements of the emergency procedures. The Function / Departmental Manager shall arrange appropriate drills at various department / area and ensure that the requirements of the emergency procedures are communicated to all staff and are implemented. In case of emergency situations in the facility, the Function / Departmental Manager shall be informed and review the accident reports and remediation works taken by responsible staff.
3.3 Emergency Team
When emergency incidents occur, the Emergency Team is responsible for the execution of the appropriate emergency procedures as advised by the EMR and/or Function / Departmental Manager.
3.4 All staff
All staff shall be familiarized with the emergency procedures and follow them in case of accidents or emergency situations.
- Potential emergency situations that may have impacts to significant environmental aspect(s) shall be identified by EMR, taking proactive steps to prevent emergency incidents, and completing tasks in preparation for emergencies.
- Function / Departmental Managers may prepare their own Emergency Response Plans relevant to their activities and inform such plans to the EMR for compilation.
- The EMR shall coordinate the preparation and maintenance of the Emergency Response Plan that contains all emergency procedures.
- The Function / Departmental Managers shall familiarize and train their staff and Emergency Team members on the procedures described in the Emergency Response Plan. This shall be accomplished in accordance with the Training Procedure.
- The EMR and involved staff shall identify the root causes and any preventive actions and report the accident by completing an Accident Report after each accident or emergency situation and submit the completed form to the EMR to review.
- The EMR shall ensure emergency drill and periodic testing of the procedures are conducted where practical and maintain the emergency drill summary report for the General Manager to review.
- The EMR shall review the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the emergency procedures after each accident or emergency situation and revise the emergency plan as necessary.
- The EMR shall maintain documentation on emergency response and preparedness, and emergency incidents for at least 3 years.
|Record Description||Record Location/ Retention Responsibility||Minimum Retention Time|
|Emergency Drill Report||EMR||3 years|
|Accident Report||EMR||3 years|
Subscribe to get access
Read more of this content when you subscribe today.